Broccoli is a VERY Healthy Vegetable we all should eat to help prevent cancers and other disease. For more information read our Vegetable of the Week: Broccoli Post! Hopefully this recipe will help you experiment with Broccoli & all of its awesomeness!
Simple Roasted Broccoli
2 Whole Large Broccoli Crowns (Desert Roots Farm)
4 Cloves of Garlic
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon of Sugar (Go Lb. Salt)
1/2 teaspoon of Salt (Go Lb. Salt)
1/4 teaspoon of Fresh Ground Pepper (Go Lb. Salt)
1. Preheat oven to 500 Degrees, with a large metal baking sheet inside. Prepare the rack so that the sheet is closer to the element than not. Heating the baking sheet fully is 100% essential in getting the best flavor out of the broccoli.
2. Cut the broccoli into segment. You want them to be on the large side, about the length of the palm of your hand. Don't be tempted to cut them into cute, small pieces, because then they won't roast properly - instead, they'll steam and become floppy. Also, cut them so that there is a flat side on most pieces- just slice right through that broccoli crown (instead of separating off individual florets.) You want flat sides for the caramelization to happen.
3. Mince the garlic, then mix the broccoli, garlic, oil, sugar, salt & pepper together in a bowl with your hands. Make sure all the broccoli pieces are coated as evenly as possible.
4. When the oven is fully preheated, take out the hot sheet pan. Working quickly, arrange the broccoli on the pan. You'll hear a delightful sizzle as the broccoli hits the metal surface. Make sure there is some space between the pieces, and always lay each piece with its flat side down.
5. Roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove & serve! You could easily sprinkle some lemon juice over it, or some parmesan, but its wonderful just as it is.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did! Originally found Here.